Ricotta Dip Topping is the perfect topping for a Date Nut Bread, cake or grilled peaches
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 8 ounces (full or part-skim ) ricotta strained at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon of a sweet peach or orange jam
- Pinch kosher salt
- 1/2 cup dried apricot halves finely diced
- 1/4 cup shelled roasted pistachios, chopped
- Base of for the topping: Crackers, Pyhllo sheets, Pound cake, grilled fruit etc
- In a medium mixing bowl, blend together the cream cheese, ricotta, honey, jam and salt until smooth.
- Taste and add additional salt or honey as desired.
- Gently stir in the apricots.
- Transfer to a serving dish of using as a dip and sprinkle with pistachios and drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon honey.
- or Smooth on to your prepared Phyllo bases or my favorote way spread on Date-Nut Breads
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
As a topping the options are endless. This is great on grilled peaches and other fruits as much as a topping for toast, pound cakes or as an addition to a Cheese and fruit course