December isn’t just about the gifts. It’s also a great time to get out and sample whats happening around you.
I try to post local happenings on the BiteTheRoad Event Page or you can visit SF.FunCheap.com for lots of other ideas.
You can also send me your event and I will add them as I can.
Here is a series I am especially fond of:
This waterfront market, run by the Center for Urban Education about Sustainable Agriculture (CUESA), has over 100 food, fruit, and vegetable vendors on Saturdays and the entire Bay as its beautiful backdrop.
The Ferry Plaza Farmers Market operates year-round from 8 am to 2 pm.
On most Saturdays, free cooking demos take place in the CUESA Classroom (under the white tents in front of the Ferry Building) and are free to the public, with recipes and samples for all.
Check out whats coming up
- Sat 12/2 Free Seasonal Cooking Demo & Baking Tribute to Flo Braker | Ferry Plaza Farmers Market
- Sat 12/2 Free Seasonal Cooking Demo & Tasting with Jim Lahey | Ferry Plaza Farmers Market
- Sat 12/9 Free Seasonal Cooking Demo with Joshua Seibert | Ferry Plaza Farmers Market
- Sat 12/9 Ca’ Momi Osteria & Winery Free Seasonal Cooking Demo & Tasting | Ferry Plaza Farmers Market
- Sat 12/16 Native Co. Free Seasonal Cooking Demo & Tasting | Ferry Plaza Farmers Market
- Sat 12/16 Free Seasonal Cooking Demo & Tasting with Daniela Gerson | Ferry Plaza Farmers Market
8 AM to 2 PM, YEAR ROUND, RAIN OR SHINE
With more than 100 vendors, it serves as the largest market surrounding the Ferry Building every Saturday, offering a wide variety of high-quality local produce, food craft products, and breakfast and lunch options.
Enjoy free educational programs by visiting the CUESA Classroom for Market to Table Demos by local chefs, and stopping by CUESA’s Food Shed education tent to deepen your understanding of sustainable food systems.