A great oven baked egg dish, perfect way to use left-overs.
Super Easy "Muffin Pan" Eggs
These easy and adaptable eggs couldn’t be simpler to make and easy adapt to what ever you have in the house.
- 12 Eggs (Essentially one egg per muffin cup.)
- 1 1/2 cups Left over diced meats, veggies & cheese
- 1-2 tsp Water or cream
- 1-2 cups shredded cheese
Preheat oven to 365 (350 is fine just cook longer)
- Crack 12 large eggs in a bowl; 12 will fill a regular muffin pan.
- Using a fork, blend, add a splash water or cream, salt & pepper to taste, stir and add in 1 teaspoon of dried parsely. Note: you can use any fresh or dried herbs you have available. This is a great way to use jarred herb blends as well.
- Dice up cooked meat, leftover vegatables, deli meats, set aside. In this case I used stir fried chicked & broccoli from earlier in the week. Hint: this works great with leftover steak or beef. You will need about 1-1 1/2 cups, depending on your taste.
- Use cooking spray on the pan, then pour the eggs mixture into each cup. From half to 3/4 full. Then add the meat & veggies. Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Using the back of a fork, poke and gently stir each egg and cheese mixture, then top with more shredded cheese.
- Bake 12-15 min at 365 degrees until set and solid and it pushes back to the touch.
You can also pop these under the broiler for the last few minutes of cooking if you want the top more crisp. Hint: Especially good if you add some grated parm cheese on it just before hitting the broiler.