Been watching the tv and the complete idiocracy of what has been done with a swipe of a pen in the hands of the “wannabe” leader. So needed a breakfast I could make and eat easily, and still have leftovers for the week. These crustless (gluten free), “Egg-ffins” (yeah its just what call them..) where the perfect low drama fix.
- Preheat oven to 365 (350 is fine just cook linger)
- Crack 12 large eggs in a bowl; 12 will fill a regular muffin pan.
- Using a fork, blend, add a splash water or cream, salt & pepper to taste, stir and add in 1 teaspoon of dried parsely. Note: you can use any fresh or dried herbs you have available. This is a great way to use jarred herb blends as well.
- Dice up cooked meat, leftover vegatables, deli meats, set aside. In this case I used stir fried chicked & broccoli from earlier in the week. Hint: this works great with leftover steak or beef. You will need about 1-1 1/2 cups, depending on your taste.
- Use cooking spray on the pan, then pour the eggs mixture into each cup. From half to 3/4 full. Then add the meat & veggies. Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Using the back of a fork, poke and gently stir each egg and cheese mixture, then top with more shredded cheese.
- Bake 12-15 min at 365 degrees until set and solid and it pushes back to the touch.
You can also pop these under the broiler for the last few minutes of cooking if you want the top more crisp. Hint: Especially good if you add some grated parm cheese on it just before hitting the broiler.
FYI: if you use mini muffin pans, this same mix works great for appetizers or for a party. It can be pre-mixed and kept in the refrigerator until cooking (take out 30 min before) at the last minute or even better cooking them earlier in the day and serve room temperature.
Hint: no time to make dinner? Pair the larger Egg-ffins with some fresh greens or spinach, diced tomatoes, pear etc and toss with a simple vinegrette and you have dinner.